Chocolate Chip Cookies
Over the years I have searched for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Lots of chocolate chips, chewy, flavorful and not too puffy. Everybody has their preference right? I've tried recipes from books, the little guys online and what were supposed to be some of the best. All I came up with was a “hot cookie mess”. The last straw for me was when I tested a recipe from a Youtube channel that had millions of followers. The cookie was a disaster. I was very disappointed and became fueled by passion to create a recipe of my own. So..... here it is 🙂
Servings: 24 Cookies
The ingredients you will need are as follows:
- 1-¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- A small pinch of salt
- ½ cup salted butter, melted. Or 1 Stick
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla (Not the imitation stuff.)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk (At Room Temperature.)
- 2 cups chocolate chips or 8 oz.
- Start off by melting the butter in the microwave. Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl for about 25 second increments until it is completely melted.
- Pour the melted butter into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar and whisk together until it is completely blended.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla blending it together until it is fully incorporated.
- Using a sifter, sift the flour, baking soda and salt into the mixing bowl. Fold the flour into the mixture using a cake spatula. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl and incorporate everything together. Add in the chocolate chips and gently fold them in. Be careful not to over mix. Over mixing will cause you to have a tough cookie.
- Remove the dough to an appropriate covered container to be refrigerated overnight. If you try to cook the dough right away it will spread too much and you won't be pleased with your cookie. There is a blessing in the waiting. Psalm 37:7 Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him. 🙂
- After the dough has been refrigerated overnight, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out even amounts of cookie dough and place each dough ball onto a lined or non stick baking sheet.
- Place the cookies in the oven to cook about 12 minutes or until they are just golden around the edges. If you allow the cookies to completely brown they will become crispy.... Or burnt. Lol
- So, be careful to watch them closely during the baking process. Allow the cookies to rest about 5 minutes before you remove them from the pan and serve. They can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature. The end result should be a soft baked chewy cookie texture that will last for about several days. Enjoy. 🙂